Tuesday, January 5, 2016

TED Talk Tuesday and Aretha

David Steindl-Rast's 2013 TED Global Talk is a keeper.  Please rewatch it and take your notes.  Also, consider his advice to stop, look and go.  It's really the simple things/practices in life that make a huge difference.

And dear Aretha.  She really is the Queen of Soul.  And her story is fascinating as well.  Watch her performance at this year's Kennedy Center Honors and read this Huffington Post article about why her performance transcended the stage and brought everyone from Usher to POTUS to tears.  (The full length program is linked in the article but if you just want to watch Ms. Franklin, she appears in the last 10 minutes.)

Update your journals as I am likely to troll in the wee hours of a glorious rainy night.

xoxo

p.s. I will be collecting TED Talk notes in the next week or two.  Make sure you have them all done.

10 comments:

  1. Aretha Franklin is the love of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right when I saw Obama cry my whole life flashed before me. Aretha just looks so precious and owned that stage flawlessly. nuff said

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aretha's performance was breathe taking,thanks for the exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aretha gave me the chills! She is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aretha Franklin will always be close to my heart after a childhood of singing "Respect" and dancing on the couch. Thank you for making my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aretha franklins performance was incredible, she owned it! And watching Carole kings reaction made me so happy, brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how we see that most success is a blend of timing and talent. Great article- great song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ms. Beltran could you make a list of the TED talks so we can see which ones we watched? It's hard to remember all of them. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could but I won't. They are all on the blog. Just troll. :)

      Delete