Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Daily Journal #114 - Here She Is

Our conversations dance around the ridiculously bizarre fact that we seem to know each other well despite not knowing each other at all.  We have a sort of comfortable silence that usually comes with the gift of years, yet there we sit - both of us sort of observing the world around us, very aware that this is, in fact, water.  It's nice, though, to meet a fellow fish.

Our interests aren't quite the same but many a friendship has been based on far less, and even though I will never understand being a sidekick (I prefer Superhero myself - at least in my own life), I do respect your perspective and secretly harbor the hope that you will step into your most authentic role.

Our backgrounds are as polar opposite as salt and pepper.  I doubt you have a legacy of illiterate grandparents or abusive male figures, but your present has intersected with mine, and I am thankful.

You mentioned today that it must be a curse knowing everything I do and I sincerely thought about that as I frosted a birthday cake, loaded the dishwasher, made lunches, and tucked in Thing 1.  I think it's less a curse and more akin to power.  But as we both know, with great power comes great responsibility.

See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. The first line in your journal entry was so relatable for me. We know people without actually knowing them, it's an interesting idea to think about. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This journal takes me back to one of my old friendships. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. September 9-
    "The same weakness as Dumbledore and I guess that is good thing." This reminded me of the second day of school- Dumbledore and his fear of power and ability to see the good in everyone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short and sweet with so much meaning in it, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connections are made for a reason

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was good. Great way to end my night. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how we judge so easily but seem to actually know so little about those around us- it's fascinating:)

    ReplyDelete