Saturday, January 9, 2016

Daily Journal #111 - Staples and Sighs

I'm in my car writing this on my phone because I have to catch the tail of my idea before it slips away.  My girls are on a play date and I got to have some rare "me" time. Of course, I went straight to the coffee shop and then, with drink in hand, I journeyed to my happy place. Sitting cross legged on the carpet at the bookstore, I devoured new titles, took photos of quotes and made lists of "To Read" on my phone. It's no wonder I'm now at 12% after 2 hours of feeding my brain.

My last stop was Staples for a new notebook and wouldn't you know it, the one that caught my eye just happened to be 2-for-1.

After the lovely gentleman rang me up, I stepped outside and the smell of fresh rain on cement hit my nostrils.

Without meaning to, I let out the biggest sigh of joy - enough to get the people walking into the store to chuckle. But my God!  The smell of fresh rain is just about the sweetest smell there is.

Thank you, Universe, for the endless gifts you give me. I stopped in my tracks just now to see them.


6 comments:

  1. I love this! Also, hearing about your day is so nice, I wish mine had been spent this way! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out Bluestocking on fifth avenue in Hillcrest. They are completely pro sitting on the floor and reading (in addition to that the owners are incredibly nice and like to build relationships with their costumers).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a relaxing day, the smell of rain is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading this in your voice and I enjoyed every minute of it haha.

    ReplyDelete