Sunday, January 3, 2016

Daily Journal #105 - Stop, Look, Go

I spent some time last night planning for the week and I came across a precious piece from a monk.  Essentially, his advice is to create awareness by doing what we were taught as children before crossing the street.

Stop.

Look.

Go.

I like that.

So this morning I went grocery shopping and the parking lot was like The Hunger Games. People were everywhere, anxious, stressed, rushing. I almost got caught up in it too but I stopped. Then I looked.

And you know what I saw?  Abundance and privilege and fun. I was shopping for my family, for our meals for the week, for snacks to pack for my girls.  I had a coffee in hand, a scarf gifted to me from Italy around my neck, and the most comfortable leggings keeping me warm.

I smiled at the elderly lady who almost ran me over and waved at the driver who let me cross.  I winked at a little girl who was shopping with her mama and I bantered with the cashier who complimented my scarf.

All I did was stop and breathe and then all this joy flooded my soul.

I'm not going to pretend I'm excited about setting my alarm but I am pretty blissed out that season 6 of Downton is tonight, that lunch is about to be served, and that Lena Dunham exists.

Xoxo


11 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading all of your Daily Journals this break and I will see you tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these daily journals were a pleasure to read. Thanks for sharing and hope you had a fabulous break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy your last day of break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had so much pleasure from reading your journals these past two weeks. Such a privilege should be appreciated. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful for you sharing your journals with us! Can't wait to see what exiting new things you have planned for this week (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Downton! I'm a little behind but Mary is my homie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had an art teacher in 5th grade that stressed the importance of being 'aware'. Loved his message- and love the one here too. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved reading the last part! Although I'm not stoked about setting my alarm either,I need to stop and think about the all the awesome things that could happen this week if I have a positive outlook! Thanks for helping me see things differently, see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading Lena Dunham's book Not that Kind of Girl right now IT IS GOLD

    ReplyDelete