Thursday, December 31, 2015

Daily Journal #102 - A Letter to 2015

Dear 2015,

Thank you. 

You were so kind to me and to my loved ones this year, and I'm sorry if I didn't say thank you enough.  It's so easy to take your kindness for granted sometimes.

I love how generous you were with your love and how you filled my heart with happiness each day - even on days when everything seemed to suck.  You never let me lose sight of what was most important - my health and the health of our little family.

You held my hand through so much change, didn't you?  And you rallied behind me when I wanted to give up.  Thank you for surrounding me with my "ride or dies" and for enveloping me in my daughters' love - a love I have never known, a love that I didn't think I would ever know.

Thank you for allowing my beloved and me to celebrate ten years of marriage.  Or should I say ten years of a happy marriage because as I grow older, meet more people, and listen to more stories, I realize that the duration of a marriage does not equate to the happiness of one.  Thank you for all of the hours in each of the days since June 22, 1998.  Thank you for the laughs and inside jokes and for giving me a real man who is the absolute love of my life.  Thank you.

This year with you saw adventures and airplane rides and parties and celebrations and tears and hurt and fear.  But I appreciate it all because in the geology of my life, you are making me better and stronger with each push and passing second. 
 
I know a lot of folks these days don't make resolutions but instead pick a word that will frame their next 525, 600 minutes.  I'm not sure what I would like to intend for whatever time I've been gifted.  I'd say just love probably. 

I want to continue to love, not only myself and my tribe but everyone and everything that crosses my path.  I want to embody love,

be love,

do all things with love. 

So, yeah. 

I choose LOVE. 

Does that work for you, 2015?  You good with 2016 being the Year of Love?

Thought so.

Thanks again, really.  I can't even begin to tell you how much you meant to me and will always mean to me.

xoxo,
Yolanda

P.S. I was just thinking how with a slight twist of words, the negative becomes positive.  And I always heard that you and the Universe listen to affirmations.  So instead of saying, "Love never fails" you prefer "Love always wins".  And it does, doesn't it?  Love Always Wins. 

6 comments:

  1. Love is a great word because it has so many meanings depending on who uses it. And I 'love' that! 2016 is what we make it- so let's all make it great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year's Eve! 2016 is going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year's to you and your family! I am sure 2016 will be a great year of love and beautiful changes for all of us. I am very thankful to be able to share another year with you Ms. Beltran. 2016 will be amazing. Sending you lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Ms. Beltran! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Years to you and your family! I'm sure you will have an amazing year this 2016! You deserve it! Thank you for all the things you've done for me Beltran ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete