Thursday, December 24, 2015

Daily Journal #95 - DVDs That Skip

MG was just another name on the roster I printed for the new school year. Just a name that had no context. A stranger about to enter my orbit. By mid-October she was a Moleskin Mama and by June, she was occupying some serious space in my heart. The following winter she gifted me a photo that made me burst into tears and this past summer we shared laughs over iced tea. Next week I'll get to hug her again and catch up on lost time though with a friend like her you just sort of pick up where you left off.

MG is my girl and she's one of the reasons I know that the DVD of my life skipped.

Just like a glitch on the screen, one scene got erased and I was born too soon or she was born too late and our paths crossed a good two decades off.

But that didn't stop our friendship from blooming. She just got "it" and understood things way beyond her years. Her Self complimented My Self and while she could be wise so could I be silly. I felt like I'd known her for a lifetime.

I texted her the other day and told her some big news.

Time will tell but I'm usually spot on.

1 comment:

  1. I love how some of the most important people in our lives start out as strangers. I hope that you are enjoying your break :)

    ReplyDelete