Thursday, December 17, 2015

Daily Journal #88

I saw you laugh the other day - an authentic, from-the-gut laugh and it made me so happy. I can't even explain why. You just fell over yourself, really, buried your head in your arms and laughed like my girls do. When Z authentically laughs, her eyes almost disappear and this little dimple pops up. With A, she gets the most perfect nose crinkle that makes me think of the golden ratio.  I don't know what happens to your eyes or your nose but seeing you laugh made me joyful...for you. Mainly because you're way wiser than your years and I know what that feels like.

All of our ages are just nestled within like Russian nesting dolls. So why do dvd's skip and someone who is a kindred spirit gets stuck in the wrong decade? Why does our society place such value on numbers? From GPAs to waistlines to candles on a vegan, coconut sugar cake? It baffles me.

I find joy in the unlikeliest of places: the cool breeze in my hair, the smell of my beloved's soap, a baby's button nose, the sound of a leaf getting crunched underfoot, the chorus of "namaste" at the end of yoga. The other day I found joy in your laugh.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with us! Have a great night and see you tomorrow (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little things in life matter the most, with the people you love:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. People have a tendency to forget about the small things. That's often where you find the most joy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete