Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Daily Journal #101 - A Conversation with my Sister

My family is still in town and we are doing what I imagine all families do - board games, shopping, vegging out, laughing, fighting, getting annoyed, eye rolling.  But I had the greatest unbiased conversation with my older sister this morning.  I was googling Aretha Franklin's ridiculously good, heart-stretching, brings-tears-to-your-eyes Kennedy Center Honors performance and I told my sister that I was updating my Daily Journal.

She asked what that meant.

We launched into a conversation about what the assignment entails, and as I explained the parameters of what I was trying to do, she scoffed.

"That's it?".

Yep.

5 sentences minimum per day since September 21st.

5 sentences minimum per day on a google doc.

"Do you read them?".

I told her yes and she said, "I bet they think you don't.  They're probably not used to someone like you.  Do all the kids write them?".

(Insert sad head shake.)

"That's a shame."

Indeed.




2 comments:

  1. I love that you mentioned how this was an unbiased conversation because it really is and some people might not get that. Love your journals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much fun reading your journals online. Really nice to have a new kind of teacher!

    ReplyDelete