Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Love Letter to You

Dear You,

My heart explodes on a daily basis. Quite frankly, it's something I've grown to expect. I think it started after I fell in love for the first time or maybe when I saw my newborn daughters' faces. At any rate, I get heart "stretched" every single day.

Today was no exception.

From Oliver Sacks to fuzzy socks, I just kept falling and falling in joy, in hope, in faith, in love. All because of you.

I wish you could see how you watch each other open gifts, how your presence lights up a room, how a high five means the world, how nervousness is just an aching desire to be accepted.

As my family's candles burn low, as lunches get packed, as my physical body begins to relax, know you are deeply, profoundly loved.


12 comments:

  1. My heart stretches reading this. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was so beautiful and sad and amazing all at the same time. Hope you're having a good night with your family. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MWF is seriously the best I just have to say that

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had something so enigmatic in my life like MWF, can't wait to see who it is Friday! This whole experiment has been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is beautiful. I'm so glad that lemur is not a fancy French word it is simply a woodland creature ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. A genuinely caring teacher creates genuinely caring students - thank you for that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, you're loved and appreciated. See you 4th ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this. Thank you. I have truly been missing reading your journals. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you show your feelings so well in writing (:

    ReplyDelete