Friday, December 18, 2015

Exhausted - Daily Journal #89

I think my heart started to crack in period 4 with Allison's poem. Then after Hannah and Jocelyn's video, the crack widened. (I was vulnerable after Tyler's presentation.) But after ML's recitation from memory in period 7, I was a goner. Then a beloved former student appeared.  I'm done. Just undone really.

I was disappointed that I got stood up for lunch - that's never happened to me...ever. Not even in my real, outside-of-school life. So that was a low but then all this beauty eclipsed it.

Wow.

Just wow.

Is it possible to have too much love in your life? Because I feel like crawling into bed and detoxing from all the energy.  That people cared enough to give me gifts, that people cared enough about their projects to work on them for weeks, that I was hugged at least 50 times today, well...that just makes me feel so good.

I hope everyone has a safe break. I'll be posting daily because if I can make the time to write, so can you.

Writing, like everything in life, is a continuous practice.

Happy Holla Days!
Xoxo

p.s. Check out this awesome cooking video and gender swapped video.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful break Ms Beltran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved everyone's presentation. Not only because everyone had something new to contribute to the class, but because I got to know everyone a little bit better. Sacks was right, the future is in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful break Mrs. Beltran! The presentations today were amazing as always. Shout out to Tomas for those awesome dance moves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison's poem was beautiful, shoutout to her for her bravery hope we can all keep her family in our thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great break. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful holidays with your family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great break Mrs. Beltran, glad you enjoyed our video! :)

    ReplyDelete