Saturday, December 5, 2015

SAS Roundup

Some great things were shared in class yesterday...check some of the highlights below...Trying to work on grades.  I have such issue with the ridiculousness of an arbitrary system.  Because you participate?  Because you complete things?  Because you show up?  I think the A's are going to those of you who seem to be authentic students.  The rest, we'll see.  Complaints may be forwarded to POTUS.

Apropos to read this as I struggle with grades.

Iconic photos

The Lion Whisperer

All things Margaret Keane - check her out.

A site shared by a chem professor at UCSD. (And given to us via the sister of a classmate.)

A classic Kid President

And via one of my awesome T.A.'s in period 7, The Importance of Kindness.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. This is another great Imgur album of historical photos: http://imgur.com/gallery/zuluz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for saying how ridiculous grades are. I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kid President so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I died a little bit watching that lion video, so adorable :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that article about cheating. When stakes are high, kids panic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to MWF tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good article on cheating, it actually makes sense because most classes rely heavily on tests, approximately 30-50% of the class and it makes students more fucused on getting a good GPA rather than actually learning the material and causes cheating and dishonesty

    ReplyDelete