Monday, February 29, 2016

Post 2 on Monday

I cannot help myself.  An absolute DARLING from period 7 emailed this link to me and IT IS WORTH YOUR TIME.

This lovely wrote, "Hi Ms. Beltran! I hope you're having a nice evening. Talking about Maria Popova today reminded me of a video I watched a couple days earlier from The Atlantic, when I was doing some hardcore procrastination (oops). But this video is worth checking out, if you haven't seen it already. It's Popova's 7 tips for living a fulfilling life and she echoes many of the people we have seen throughout the year in Ted Talks. I was going to use this for my SAS, but since we aren't doing it I figured I'd show you anyway."

Being a teacher for many in the field is a default career option.  It's what they do when the other stuff didn't quite pan out.  Being a teacher is literally the only job I have ever had (aside from getting paid to read books for one of my History professors at Rice and how does that even count as work?).  Emails like the one above are why I do what I do and why I am thankful.  So very, very thankful.

It shatters me that in a few short months, this sandcastle will be destroyed.  My hope is that it lasts forever in your hearts.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment