Monday, February 8, 2016

Daily Journal #141 - Attraction

When I was little I used to love to play with magnets.  I was fascinated with the attraction between two opposing forces and how one movement could inspire another.  Attraction is simply that, isn't it - when we are moved by the force of another?  Oftentimes that force is biological in nature, all hormonal and chemical, but sometimes that attraction comes as inspiration, a burning desire to do better.

I think it's pretty well known by anybody who really knows me that I am highly conscious of what I consume - whether it be food or music or media. I've decreased my red meat intake and I have been off of sugar for over a year.  My last soda (or Coke as we Texans call it) was in 2004.  

I think it's also pretty well known by anybody who really knows me that I fall in love deeply every single day.  I fall in love with smells and sounds, with people's eyes, their voices, with observations, with drinks, with food, with the feel of a certain material against my skin.  As Rumi says, "Fall in love with as many things as possible."

Yes, please.

And I fell hard today, and I loved it.

You see, I admire strength in people.  I admire morals and truth.  I admire humility and grace.  I admire work ethic and kindness.  I admire art, and I admire fatherhood.  I admire humor and family.  I admire beauty. I admire people who "preach a better sermon with [their] life than with [their] lips" and I realized today that I admire a football player from Alabama.

Who knew?

After devouring all the visuals I could find and reading all I could read and watching all I could watch, I feel safe in saying that I'm a fan of #94.  I don't know him in real life, but if what other people say about him is true, he is the real deal.

And I like real deals.  I like authenticity and (if I'm being honest), I like human beings who are beautiful in mind, body and spirit.

Kudos to the man who is now a Super Bowl champion.  All good things to those who work hard, never quit and recognize the magic that surrounds them.



1 comment: