Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Boyd Varty...Sigh **UPDATED***

You can thank me later...A REAL MAN. (Somebody get a list going of all my boyfriends, please!)

"The door can only be opened if you have a strong sense of your own abilities and that’s what being in nature has given me. I know that I can go out and track a lion and be in a close-quarter situation with a very dangerous animal, and I have what it takes to deal with that. But I also know that if I approach that situation with arrogance that I’m going to get myself hurt. So it pushes you into different places. Men have been given two models: the sensitive guy or the macho man. And there’s a place in the middle that I believe is built on humility and resilience, and out of that humility and resilience comes an ability to be fully present and available. And I think that women are leading the world into a new consciousness and I think that men need to find a place where they can support that, and they can be strong but very present and available." ~Boyd Varty

Hope you enjoyed Boyd Varty's TED Talk and his message of Ubuntu.  Rewatch it and get your prom dress notes together.  I'll be asking to see your prom dress notes on Friday.  FYI.

And thanks to those of you who emailed me.  I don't have the stamina to email the slew of messages I received between 11pm and just now so find someone in the "know" and they can fill you in.

I'll see y'all tomorrow.  Make sure you have read and annotated the Keillor piece.  (What Keillor piece?? Really?)

xoxo

"In a more collective society we realize from the inside that our own well-being is deeply tied into the well-being of others." ~Boyd Varty

No comments:

Post a Comment