Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Confession Time

I saw three former students today and two of them reminded me of blog comments that exist no longer. I publish some of the senior/outside reader comments but the rest just stare at me when I log on. Tonight the shiny penny I wrote to left a comment...a heart. And I crumbled. Yesssssss.  Just yes.

There are so many of you who send me such love and whose literal presence in my life makes my work seem more like a gift. Thank you for that. Thank you to my glorious TA's who make me radiate with joy. Thank you to those of you who are still writing!!!!! And there are many. Thank you to the ones of you who remember that I am a human being and love being seen, too. Thank you to my beloved in period 6 whose words are like dessert and to my boy in period 4 who calls me teech. Thank you.

I felt like I saw my ghost ship in the PAC period 7 with the other AP class. For better and for worse, I am committed to you.

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment