Wednesday, October 21, 2015

To T & Z

Oh what can I say to you two?  MB, the TA, said to me after you walked away, "You just fell in love again didn't you?".  In a word?  YES.

And you wanna know why?  Because both of you radiate joy, ooze enthusiasm and allow me to see you.  So what if I've never seen Star Wars?  You still respect me, right?

I love your positive energy, your intelligence, and your wicked senses of humor.  But most of all, I love how you approached me, talked to me, and treated me like a person who has thoughts and feelings, wishes and dreams.

Thank you for seeing me.

This past Sunday I went grocery shopping about 10 a.m.  As I got into my car, I realized that my solo trip to the store was the first time since the previous Sunday that I had been alone.  Not run to the restroom alone or take a shower alone, but alone - just me.  My days are full - and gratefully so - full of people who need something, want something, have a question, need a hug, a text, a letter of recommendation, a personal statement edited, a conundrum solved, cupcakes made, homework checked, a soccer uniform unearthed.  I think I forget (and let other people forget) that I'm just a person, too.

Thank you for letting me be a person while at my desk, while you deciphered check marks and stars and made me literally laugh out loud.

I am grateful for you two today.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Shout out to DL he's so happy all the time and radiates joy!! I just can't hell but smile and be happy around him. P.s I also love everyone else in period 2 I just felt like giving a specific shoutout. But I still love all of you in period 2. THE BEST PERIOD EVER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T sounds like some kind of guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your class is so much fun and brings a positive vibe to my day. I can't wait to spend the rest of the year with you and all my class mates including Mr. T! Ps. You should definitely watch all the Star Wars movies before the new one comes out; but I respect your decision either way, I just hope you choose the right option.��

    ReplyDelete