Monday, October 26, 2015

Ghost Ships

Yeah.  So today.  Ghost ships and all.  Sorry for those of you missed class.  All I can say, is talk to a classmate but choose wisely.  I'm sure everyone got something different.

For Friday, though...follow the steps below.

1.  Imagine your future self and double your age.  So, 32-ish? Create a list or image that depicts who you are and what you're like.

2.  LIST in order of importance all the aspects of a "good life".

3.  Draw a map of your real life and your ghost ship.  Choose a pivotal moment in your life where you had to choose something and show what happened to you after that choice and on the other side, show what might have been.

I'll be back on Wednesday so be kind tomorrow.  The agenda is below:

- 20 minutes for multiple choice
- grade and check with substitute
- written reflection on the following question: What are your thoughts about ghost ships and the choices we make? (make sure you turn this in to the teacher)
- any time leftover? Work on Daily Journal, Ghost Ships project, SAS, reading Outliers (chapters 3 & 4 for Thursday)

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm jealous they got this lesson so early in the year... Use it wisely juniors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most mind-blowing lesson yet. I'm rethinking life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the greatest lessons I've gotten so far this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished reading chapter 3 of Outliers. Tripped my mind up. I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts and see what others have to say as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to miss you tomorrow ! & I loved what you shared out today (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Todays lesson was honestly MINDBLOWING! I caught my jaw drop a few times, I'll surely think about how my desisions will affect me in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today's lesson totally blew me away! Really made me think of life

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for that lesson, it blew my mind but opened my eyes up to what I didn't even know I could know

    ReplyDelete
  9. This lesson was definitely one of my favorites so far. I loved the excerpt of Cheryl Strayed's book you read to us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete