Friday, October 16, 2015

Reading Through Comments & SAS

Hi All,

I'm posting early because it's actually quiet in my room.  Wow.

I have lots of SAS to share but I don't want to hog time, so I will post 2 of my 3 here.

First, a Story Corps from a while back that I think speaks to not only the power of positive parenting but also to the importance of living your truth.  Check it out.

Secondly, Darling Magazine.  Admittedly this is gender biased since I am only human and happen to identify as a female.  It's a magazine whose mission I believe in and perhaps some of you will find it interesting as well.

And finally, I must say something.  I receive many wonderful comments from a lot of you that I post without editing.  There are typos in some and misspelled words or even errors in syntax.  Who cares?  Apparently, someone (and honestly, I don't even remember who...must have blocked that out of my heart) did and made mention of how "interesting" it is to read the comments and see the errors and how people don't proofread, etc.

Such comments are just bleh, ya know?  To take the time to comment so as to point out the flaws in other people's comments?  I had to say something.  Because our job as human beings is to be kind and THEN everything else.  Who among us has never had a typo?  Who among us has never hit send only to realize later that we had an error.  Oops.  Don't be the one who points out that it's dark.  Find the light, man.

And a quote that I love from the narrative known as history...

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”


― Theodore Roosevelt 

It's Friday and I'm in love....
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I'd love to check out an issue of Darling Magazine. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. "if you run around spending your whole life thinking that you're doing the wrong thing, then you'll ruin your immortal soul." this part tho hit me right in the feels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, now I'm curious. What did I miss for SAS?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ad it's just words put together. Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote. (: Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good quote is "I never look back darling. It distracts from the now."-Edna Mode but one of my favorite quotes of all time is "Never say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting."- Peter Pan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the quote
    "Nobody's Perfect!
    Ya live and ya learn it!
    And if I mess it up sometimes." -Hannah Montana

    ReplyDelete