Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Maz Jobrani

Thanks for taking the "test" today.  Just a little check-in to see those minds at work...speaking of which, tomorrow some of you will be taking the PSAT and I will be proctoring for some 10th graders.  Periods 2, 3, and 4 - any of you NOT taking the test are to report to the Big Gym.

Use your time wisely to re-watch the TED Talk and/or to READ CHAPTER 1 of OUTLIERS "The Matthew Effect".  

BE READY WITH QUESTIONS/OBSERVATIONS and QUOTES for class on Thursday.

TED Talk by Maz Jobrani was viewed today.

And here's a great piece from NPR this morning with Malcolm Gladwell.

Go be love, the world needs you.

xoxo

15 comments:

  1. Todays Ted talk was so hilarious and accurate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by Malcolm Gladwell's theory!! Thanks for linking that NPR audio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked todays Ted Talk. Although I loved the other talks, it was a nice change to get to watch one with a little more humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved today's TED talk, I thought it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find Malcolm Gladwell's theory to be frighteningly accurate. Only such a great mind mind would think to connect the way a riot breaks out to this epidemic of school shootings

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the Ted talk today , thank you for sharing that with us !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for showing us this Ted Talk today. It was so hilarious and it was a not so painful way to feed my brain this morning. He is very smart in using humor to get to his point. I like Maz's style, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the TED Talk today. So hilarious, and it's interesting how he presented his ideas through humor. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really agree with Gladwells theory. I think it's the closest explanation to try to understand why school shootings are still happening. Also I tried to get an internship at NPR but it's only for college students! Can you believe it? Also did you see the democratic debate? Bernie slayed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved Gladwells points and voice, you're right he's an interesting person to look at and listen to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The TED Talk today was amazing and everyone dancing in class was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember watching this one last year! This was definitely one of my favorites and I'll just have to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete