Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My Daily Journal 10/20

The universe is always listening and responding - this I believe.  I was feeling betrayed and beaten down yesterday morning and I realized I had to make copies for this week's Multiple Choice practice.  I planned ahead and was looking for my document to stash in my bag so I could make copies this morning when I got to school. I randomly pulled a folder out of my closet so as not to bend the original copy (shout out to neat freaks).  Before I could place the work inside of it, I noticed a card tucked into the folds.  I pulled it out, and it was a handwritten card from one of my dearest friends - one of my people.  In it, she had written something about the amount of love I put out into the world through my classroom, teaching, friendships, and life.  I hadn't seen that card in a year and yet I found it randomly yesterday morning when I needed it most.

If we pay attention, the ordinary miraculous is all around.

Thank you for my ordinary miracles...my baby girls by birth and my kids scattered across the country in dorm rooms, my best friend who knows just what I need and when, that kid in the back of class/lunch today who almost made me choke on my salad, the particular pink that laces sunset clouds, 88 year old neighbor Joe who smokes a cigar on his front porch each day, HARVEY, and the beautiful misery of October baseball.

xoxo


18 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing, it is truly amazing how certain things seem to happen for a reason. Looking forward to class tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. That story is amazing! The universe works in beautiful ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We so often are oblivious to the little wonders around us, I needed this reminder. A call from a family member or snail mail from a loved one, sometimes seem simple, but are always amazing (we just need to remember to recognize)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel Murphy is giving October (and the Cubs' rearend) one for the history books #5straightshots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat freak checking in. I cringe when someone crinkles handouts or other papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone is just waiting for their card... Myself most definitely included.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me smile. The ordinary miracles really are what make life special and worth living!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made me smile and inspired my own daily journal for today, See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! What's written on the card is totally true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait I have chills this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Thank you for everything. I believe in miracles<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. couldn't have said it any better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is possibly the best thing I could read to start my day. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE THIS. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where can I find the like button in here? this is so uplifting

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great journal entry. Thanks for sharing! Sorry about the Cubs I was routing for them😢

    ReplyDelete