Tuesday, October 17, 2017

TED Talk Tuesday *UPDATED*

***Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell needs to be read by December 4th. Read at your own pace! Copies in the library.. ***


Joshua Foer's TED Talk was viewed today. I hope you heard what he said about the importance of remembering. It matters. And goes far beyond memorizing facts for tests.

Be Cicero...topic to topic, not word for word.

Tomorrow have your 2 copies of your song following the format Ms. Meier showed you. It should prove to be a fun day as we are both excited to see what songs you pick.

Sadly, Ms. Meier's last day will be Friday so make sure you bring your best effort to class for her.

See y'all tomorrow.

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "Free Fallin' " Tom Petty

P.S. I said I would email period 1 but there's a Cubs game on. I won't be online tonight.


16 comments:

  1. Bummed I missed class today:(. Hopefully I will be there tomorrow and can showcase the song I chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting how I have been applying the Baker baker paradox my whole life, however not in every case. I enjoyed today’s TED talk, and I’m eager to print and annotate the transcript. Enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the TED talk today! Can’t wait to learn more about what’s to be presented on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad Ms. Meier is leaving so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always though I had a decent memory. Now I see I can do much better. The mind is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's quite lovely of a realization, presumably, to which, a 'room without books', is practically exact to 'a body without a soul'. Moreover, a reality devoid of anything to process and recollect, is much like the meaningfulness scrubbed clean from the surface of human existence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never realized how much the modern technology takes away from the art of memorization. Very eye-opening ted talk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The TED talk was so interesting today, I learned so much from it. Can't wait to show my song tomorrow and see what everyone else is going to bring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved today's TED TALK, tried some of the strategies on my Spanish test today, and it worked!! Thank you for an awesome day of class!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Our lives are the sum of our memories" Probably one of my favorite quotes yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopefully the Cubs win it for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard about the memory palace technique from the Kwik Learning podcast! It's real top-notch stuff! I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really gonna miss Ms Meier, but hopefully the tricks we learned today assure we don't forget her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. TED today made me question my every move. I noticed my cell phone acted both as a physical and intellectual barrier today more so than ever before. It's wild what this world's come to. Let's make this last week memorable!

    ReplyDelete