Wednesday, October 25, 2017

So Happy Together

Seeing that horrible accident on the 8 this morning really affected me.  I don't know who the man was who died on the freeway, but seeing his lone shoe with the laces askew made me wake up in a way.  He put on his shoes as we all did today and never once did he think about it being his last day

Thanks (especially to period 1) for being patient with my rattled self.  And thanks to Maddie for the song.  I appreciate you writing and working on analysis in class.  The work is never done.

Tomorrow, know how tall Bruno Mars is.  For real.  And be ready to feed your brain.

Be safe.

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: The Turtles "So Happy Together"

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the emptying of cups today, it felt very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had "SO Happy Together" in my playlist and wrote about it for our "Empty Your Cup" writing. Man I love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many thoughts on this and the accident, one sticking out: " 5'5" "

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to love Empty Your Cup. It reminds me of the pensieve from Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy together is still stuck in my head ... and now I want to watch freaky Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hearing about the accident shook me up, I can't imagine seeing it! On another note, props to Taisei for being such a jazzy dancer, taller than Bruno but just as iconic.

    ReplyDelete