Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Ted Talk Tuesday - A Two For One

Thank you for your attention this ridiculously hot day.  Make sure you stay hydrated, especially you lovelies, period 5!

We watched two TED Talks, the first by Tom Thum and the second by the incomparable Reggie Watts.  Rewatch and annotate the transcripts.  You should have 8 total TED Talks as of today.  Also, please don't forget to add the talks to your TED Talk chart.  See a classmate if you have no idea what I am talking about.

The next week and a half we will be entering the land of Rhetorical Analysis so I'm going to expect you to have your copy of the 6 pages I posted last Friday as well as the first set of devices you were given for the Rhetorical Devices Project.  To prepare for class, you will also want the Rhetorical Triangle document (the one with the triangle at the top and the columns of questions below...this was also previously posted on the bliggity blog). 

I will be handing out a couple more documents tomorrow in class.  And for you planners out there, you will be doing research this weekend on both Martin Luther King, Jr. and Cesar Chavez.  If you want a head start, you can begin researching these 2 rhetors now.  Next Monday you will be annotating a new text and by next Wednesday you will have to have devices identified and explained.  We will be writing on Wednesday and Thursday of next week with a "paper" due Friday 11/3.  (As in November when I hope to the heavens we will have Fall weather!)

SAS resumes this Friday so make sure you are prepared. 

What else?  Oh, yes, one more thing.  I need Post-It Notes.  Like A LOT.   Pads of Post-Its PLEASE.  Donations welcome. 

Love and Light,
Beltran (an office supply addict with a plan)

Today's Song: "Feel It Still" Portugal the Man

15 comments:

  1. Super fascinating TED talks. Musical, creative, and weird. Technology, natural talent, other goodies. Love it, love it, love it. Does anybody else notice how humor separates a boring TED talk from an intriguing one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried out the beat boxing, my mom thought I was choking and tried to perform the Heimlich. Fair to say that these guys are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reggie Watts appearance makes me smile. Am I the only one who liked his hair??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Crazy what those guys can do with just their voices. Also I'm amazed at Reggie Watts ability to improvise so effortlessly (or so it seems). Overall, they're both pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's safe to say I don't have a future in beat boxing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinkin about getting hair like Reggie, might be a good change in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My beat boxing was alright, but I don't think I could stand a chance against those guys. They are incredibly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the TED talks today, they were so cool and they made their talent look so easy which I learned, is not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. today's TED talks were super intrseting, I had no idea that beat boxing could be that intense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. office supplies are honestly the best

    ReplyDelete