Monday, October 30, 2017

Cesar Chavez

The fact that Cesar Chavez left school in the 7th grade astonishes me.  His words are being read by college bound students and were chosen to be a part of the 2015 exam.  WOW.

Today in class (after some country music!) you worked on annotating and examining the Chavez text.  By Wednesday, have a rhetorical precis written as well as have the text "Adler-ed" up.  We will be discussing it in class and starting to write a Rhetorical Analysis essay. 

If you are interested in what a "6" looks like per AP, find Q2 model essays by googling "AP Language Free Response Model Essays 2015".  It will help with your own writing.

I'll see y'all tomorrow for a TED Talk.

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "Alright" Darius Rucker

11 comments:

  1. I had a jazzy time dancing with my boy, Lorenzo today. I'm excited for more country this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and attended 37 different schools before dropping out to help his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ted Talks and Halloween all in one day. It will be a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited for another TED talk and another day of country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance we get to listen to some Sam Hunt or Carrie Underwood this week???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pumped to finally reveal my secret love for country music this week. No more hiding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be working on my two-step dance tomorrow for our country music!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I’m so happy to be listening to country this week and to watch another awesome TED talk tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Working on my two step is definitely 100% more fun than my AP Bio homework. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope nick whips out some country moves tomorrow

    ReplyDelete