Thursday, September 7, 2017

We Read Part II

Today in class we discussed some finer points of why we read.  You are going to change the culture of your reading habits and adapt to the expectations in our class.  I know you can do this.  I offer you the chance to become "the best version of yourself".

Be sure to choose 6 of the 11 books from the list (remember we are reading Outliers as a class).  Have your chosen book on Monday.  (The books are available in the library!)

And out of respect for your lives and time and schedules, please find an article HERE that you will need PRINTED for class on Monday.  You should come to class prepared if you know what I mean.

Tomorrow I will go over what SAS is and why we use our Fridays as we do.

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song:  "Best of My Love" The Emotions

WE READ.  WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. 
WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. WE READ. 

8 comments:

  1. SAS = side angle side, proving congruent triangles △!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gonna ditch the maze runner for a copy of the great gatsby TONIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most, if not all of those books are on the AP Literature booklist also. So you should actually read all of them to make your life easier next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day we've been talking about being the best versions of ourselves. As young people that's what we're trying to do and I'm grateful you recognize that. It's imperative we make necessary changes to aid in making this world less socially and politically chaotic. We don't do the bare minimum, we don't follow the jaded and ignorant traditions, and we don't sit back and accept the crappy things society throws at us. We take what is right and what we can, and the rest we either resist or make something greater from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book reading list is full of great choices.. and if reading them will get me ahead for next year, then I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy expanding my knowledge of this literature. Looking forward to reading Of Mice and Men.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found my great grandpa's book Hamlet I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The House on Mango Street, The Joy Luck Club, and I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings stood out to me the most and I can't wait to start broadening my reading options.

    ReplyDelete