Friday, September 22, 2017

Second Post of the Day

Thanks to Thor (period 4), here is an awesome Quizlet that you can use to help with some of the rhetorical devices.  There won't be a "for a grade" quiz but we are discussing Keegan's Stability in Motion on Monday and one of the expectations of preparedness is that you know what the rhetor was doing with her conscious choosing of words.  The piece was previously posted on the blog so ask someone nicer than me where you can access it.

Monday's "discussion" will include some pointed questions such as:
1) What rhetorical devices did you identify in the text and why do you think Keegan used them?
2)  What did you notice about the arrangement of the piece?
3)  Obviously the piece is good writing (I say this because none of you have a New York Times bestseller) so what makes it effective in light of its purpose? (What is the text's purpose?)
4) What aspects of the rhetorical triangle are you able to discuss?
5) What do you know about Keegan and her other pieces of fiction and nonfiction?
6) AP Language is all about connections, so what text-to-text, text-to-world, and text-to-self connections did you make?

(Just to give you a taste of how Monday should not be "I really liked it..." "Yeah, me too.")

In addition to those starter questions, have handy your annotated text.

Our goal is a 20 minute chat but if it's going well...

Have a great weekend,
Beltran

P.S. - Thank you to all who had their prep books (or ordered them).  I will be checking for AP test prep books on FRIDAY 9/29.


7 comments:

  1. Beltran! The link sends me to this link which I assume is some sort of sandi.net defense. (or something) Anyway I can't seem to get to Thor's Quizlet. I'm not sure if anyone else is getting the same problem too, or it's just me. I'll check back later-

    https://exchange.sandi.net/owa/auth/logon.aspx?replaceCurrent=1&url=https%3a%2f%2fexchange.sandi.net%2fowa%2fredir.aspx%3fURL%3dhttps%253a%252f%252fquizlet.com%252f_3qlf2f%23C%3dionJSUGr--uCQz2cx2Q5OPPqnxqS_wkM-_35UvPBMDRZWQA6FwLVCA..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, I can't access the quizlet but I'll keep trying,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! Can't get to the Quizlet either. I'll try my best to not be a Kevin tomorrow and spill my knowledge chili.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that link isn't working. I'll try to figure it out. Never fear though, the internet is near.

    See y'all tomorrow for our class discussion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea the link didn't work for me either but i was able to come up with the definitions on my own also it would be so cool if you would play some country one of these classes for our morning song

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for the class discussion!! I don't have a hand on the devices just yet but i'm going to keep trying!! See you in class beltran!! Hope you have had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete