Friday, September 1, 2017

My Homework

I see through the grief that consumed me for the past 15 months, through the shattering of my heart as I watched my mother take her final breath on earth.  I see through forty one year old eyes that used to seek the bad before they found the good.  I see through foil covered windows that block out Texas heat and through peeks behind the curtain at night making sure we are safe.

I see through the facade of perfect ACT scores, all A's and full scholarships to what learning really is.  I see through the fake laughs of class clowns and through the silence of wickedly smart minds.  I see through each of the cracks in my heart and present myself with open hands to each of you.

As we say in Texas, I see with "clear eyes" and a "full heart".

I can't lose.


6 comments: