Tuesday, September 12, 2017

TED Talk Tuesday!!!

So TED Talks started today.  I hope you take into consideration Brene Brown's argument and her research.  Think about her claim that the birthplace of joy, creativity, belonging and love is vulnerability.

Your job as a student invested in your education (or invested in your miseducation??) is to do the following:

1) Create and add Brown to your TED Talk Chart. (See someone's notes if you were absent.)
2) Print out the transcript to the talk and annotate it as Adler (or Harvard) would have you annotate. Did you even read the article from the other night that is from Harvard?????
3)  Rewatch the TED Talk and take quality notes in your spiral.  Make sure you also include a Rhetorical Triangle in your notes.  Look up the rhetor!!!

I'll see y'all tomorrow.

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "Eye of the Tiger" Survivor



12 comments:

  1. This TED Talk was so much better the second time around! Gotta check some of her work out along with Adler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey does anyone remember how to get the transcript for the video?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to ted.com. Find Brene Brown's talk and there is a "Transcript" tab beneath the video.

      Delete
  3. The power of vulnerability!!! Wow I miss this class.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you Paisley. Was just talking to Knickerbocker at lunch about our period 5 class from last year. The memories...Stop by!

      Delete
  4. I was doing homework with a friend in Compagnone's class and they have to write about dangerous ideas. Together we made the connection that vulnerability is a dangerous emotion, but if you take the risk to be vulnerable and open up to others it will drastically change your life. Loved the TED talk today !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED this TED talk so much. It was super fascinating and truly got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brene Brown!! One of my favorite TED Talks from last year <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last 2 paragraphs are TOO good. I had to reread them multiple times and add to my note taking each time. You can only take so much out of them if you're reading/listening with open hands though... at the end I realized that there will be some people watching this with fists up (who are not open to change or growing or bettering themselves) and they will get absolutely nothing out of this Ted Talk. and thats sad ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vulnerability.... I think I might have to do even more re-learning, re-applying, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might be the one person on Earth who thinks Burning Heart is better than Eye of the Tiger.

    ReplyDelete