Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Are you Living a Creative Life?

Elizabeth Gilbert, well, I don't know what to say.  She's my cup of tea and a gift in many ways.  However you received her TED Talk is your business of course, but consider the blog title at the very least.  We are meant to make things.  It's how the world works.

ANNOUNCEMENT:  There is a big assignment due on Wednesday, December 16th.  You have from now until then to CREATE SOMETHING.  That's it.  In the title is the assignment.  In the assignment is the title.  Create something.  

You will be expected to present your creation in class either on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday but all work is due on Wednesday.  I will determine presentation spots and announce them ahead of time.

And while I welcome questions, what can I say other than you need to create something.  That means a tangible object - a noun.

Tomorrow we were supposed to work with logos, ethos and pathos but just look it up on google and write definitions.  We're doing something else instead so make sure you bring your class notes, TED Talk notes, SAS journals, etc.  Spread the word especially to friends without reliable internet access.

xoxo

7 comments:

  1. So sad that I missed another Ted talk :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked the Ted talk today! Always look forward to them every Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Eat, Pray, Love and I was really interested in what she had to say in her TED talk. She has a very interesting life and story, and I do see some truth to what she was saying, I liked the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” -Chuck Palahniuk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will create the best tangible object out there!

    ReplyDelete