Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Gratitude

I very much appreciate your effort today.  I could sense that this was not an easy task for many of you, and I can only imagine the brain pain in writing a timed essay after a glorious summer of not.  :)
I will be reading through your work and scoring it according to the AP scale of 1-9.  You can expect feedback on Monday, and I will teach you what it means to get a paper back in this class because it's more than just shuffling papers and reading your score.  It's a learning opportunity.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT SAS IS HAPPENING TOMORROW instead of Friday.  

And in an effort to show you that I do the work I ask you to do, here is a great article from a fantastic site called Greater Good, The Science of a Meaningful Life.  Some of you might enjoy it.

Have a great rest of the day!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Have a great day Mrs. Beltran! Thank you for the article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that article. Especially where Breines says, "But arguably the greatest good we can do in the world comes from finding ways to increase kindness in others." Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing the article! Can't wait for Stuff about Stuff tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing that article! It was a bright spot in my day and really reinforced the "circle of kindness" that I try to practice every day. I can't wait to share my stuff about stuff tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete