Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Did You Notice The Date?

I did, and again, my life is a beautiful swirl of synchronicity.  Dear Shakespeare wrote in his play Julius Caesar, "beware the ides of March".  (March 15th for those of you who don't know.)

Brutus, Caesar's beloved and trusted friend, kills Caesar - literally backstabs him - in Act III, scene i.

But Caesar was warned and did not heed the call because he trusted Brutus, believed in him, poured all his hope into him.  Nobody listened to the soothsayer..."He is a dreamer; let us leave him: pass."

That's pretty interesting if you ask me...today is March 15th.

To the 5%.

xoxo

"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one..."


  • Who is it in the press that calls on me? 100
    I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music,
    Cry 'Caesar!' Speak; Caesar is turn'd to hear.
  • BrutusA soothsayer bids you beware the ides of March.105
  • CaesarSet him before me; let me see his face.
  • CassiusFellow, come from the throng; look upon Caesar.
  • CaesarWhat say'st thou to me now? speak once again.
  • CaesarHe is a dreamer; let us leave him: pass.

16 comments:

  1. But Brutus is an honorable man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beware the ides of march.
    Have you seen the memes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a pretty sketchy day

    ReplyDelete
  4. John Lennon!! Such a good song (please don't post) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister is beyond upsessed with Shakespeare. Sometimes I get annoyed when she quotes all his books over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world"
    Pretty synchronic how Lennon's lyrics also align with Singers Argument... hmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brutus was both one of histories great men in what he stood for or perhaps is worst depending on who you talk to.

    In Dante's Inferno he resides in the depth of hell forever being chewed by satan for betrayal

    In gullivers travels he considered virtues and benevolent for standing up for democracy over dictatorship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

    ReplyDelete