Thursday, March 23, 2017

Character & Peer Editing

The video I showed at the beginning of class can be accessed here.  Character is who you are when no one is looking.  It is owning your culpability in situations.  It is rooting on teammates, not tearing them down.  Go UCONN.

In terms of peer editing, I hope you found the exercise useful.  A prompt that asks for pros/cons and your position is golden.  May we see that on the test in May!!! (And if you didn't read the model essay that I had you print out, you should.)

Be ready for SAS - Round 1 of this 6 weeks.  AND READ East of Eden.  The choice is yours.  (And if you just missed what I did there, you definitely need to get reading.)

Love and Light,
Beltran

P.S. - for your listening pleasure...a song I love.  "I'm Amazed" by My Morning Jacket (featuring Jim James from The New Basement Tapes)...

27 comments:

  1. For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coach in the video got me thinking about my characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was definitely useful. I think everyone benefited from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed peer editing today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed what they want me to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we gotta show them that we aren't average :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Iyana for such a great race today <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. That coach said nothing but the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything in life is a lot bigger than pure talent or what you start with, people view you based on some of the smallest things. Just like how the coach talked about here with body language.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really helpful class today! I always love feedback on my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Today was great , I really liked the video.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "True teams are made when you put aside individual wants for colective good." -Chiney Ogwumike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love "Wordless Chorus" by My Morning Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will only truly get far by having a genuine character

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for showing that really inspirational video today in class. Also just saying I bought the song Kansas City and I'm in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Free will, the freedom to own our successes as well as our failures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the way that the Yukon Coach coaches, if only we could have more coaches like this

    ReplyDelete
  18. One, I am getting closer to my goal, and I also had fun at the meet. Two, no gold haze surrounding those lyrics, three, I cut ties and I still can't decide if it was best. Four, it was the interview, but five, I know that I need to say something. Six, seven, eight I might just need some more time to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. “Either run the day or the day runs you.”
    -Jim Rohn

    ReplyDelete