Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Brene Brown - Round 2

Thank you for watching the TED Talk from Brene Brown.  Her research is quite fascinating..."Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity, and change."  Look around the world as we know it and see if you find value in her claim.

Consider her point that empathy is the antidote to shame...and how do we foster empathy? Starts with an "r" and ends in an "ing"...

I'll see y'all tomorrow with your Oliver Sacks visuals.  I will expect you to share them in small groups and then we will accept volunteers for large group share out.

Kudos to LB in period 3 for starting the flashmob...and to WH and CC for the jousting.  Never a dull moment...

I feel like writing a love letter to you all...Perhaps I will.

Love and Light,
Beltran


23 comments:

  1. Shame. Guilt. Both are bad. But one d story's itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like I missed a lot on period 3 :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need more Dance battles!!! Period 2's Dance off was so much fun today

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the flash mob idea, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An eye opening TED talk... Much love for Brene Brown, this is going in to my favorites folder ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jousting, the flashmob, the Ted talk.
    Just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WH and CC jousting was the best thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the ted talk from today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It takes vulnerability to joust!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree with Treven. I think we were all amused.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someone should make a Beltran action figure for their create something

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool, I can verify that I'm probably not a sociopath, and I know that opening up sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Flash mob was so much fun!!! "Everybody hit the folks"

    ReplyDelete
  14. WH & CC jousting in period 3 was the highlight of my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so unexpected and fun. Loved it! shout out to william and colin

      Delete