Tuesday, January 24, 2017

What I Know To Be True

There's not much that I know for sure these days, but what I do know is that people matter - that kindness is crucial - that YOU are more than the grades you "earn" and the number of likes you get on social media.  All anyone on earth wants is to be SEEN and HEARD - to know they matter. 

You likely don't look at us teachers as people too but we are.  We have good days and bad days, we spill our drinks and get frazzled and overwhelmed and want to just quit.  But what keeps me going is you - the mad dance moves, the quiet grace, the kind gifts, the inside jokes, the music, the LEARNING!

So as this semester ends, and as I reflect on where we've been and where we are going, thank you for bringing a broken heart back to life again.  You make everyday in room 853 a good one.  You are the magic, and I am grateful my days are filled with magic. 

Meet your exams with intelligence and grace.

And be kind to yourselves. 

Much love and light,
Beltran


27 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Beltran! You've made first semester one to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful for you and this class <3 See you on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the constant inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The worst thing that could possibly happen to anybody. . . would be to not be used for anything by anybody"
    -Kurt Vonnegut, S.O.T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so heartfelt Ms.Beltran, thank you for everything. I hope your day was amazing and filled with love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart is happy that we have helped you as much as you have helped us

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wished colleges also believed we are more than our grades.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You So Much! We can't all say how grateful we all are to have you as our teacher! Can't wait to start 2nd Semester!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This class is the one that made me able to aim for perfection and be okay with less

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to wait until Fri-yay to see Beltran. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for all you do Beltran...it means more than you know

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, thank you, thank you a million times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! I can't stop singing and dancing to "Love on Top" and my parents are looking at me like I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for being you Beltran. See you Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you so much Beltran this means a lot! see you on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Beltran! I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say that you are what keeps us going as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. still reading.. miss you lots Beltran keep inspiring us humans

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much!!! This was much needed. Also, I have my dance moves ready for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the amazing first semester. I'm indescribably excited for pt.2!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww thank you Beltran you're the best, can't wait to dance to Queen B! See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete