Thursday, January 5, 2017

An Issue of Importance to You

Thank you for the time today.  I really do find it a privilege to teach you all.  Below you will find some helpful information regarding what we discussed in class.  Please see me with questions.

Also, tomorrow is SAS so arrive to class prepared.

As for books, here's the new deal.  If you are interested in any of the titles pictured, the first one who emails me the book title gets that book.  Only fair it seems.





Monday 1/9:  Present your chosen issue in class.  Include your TOPIC, WHY you chose it, and YOUR OPINION right now.

Next 2 weeks:  Research and gather credible sources that have opposing viewpoints.

Day of Final Exam:  2 things due...1) your Interesting Stuff Journal and 2) a presentation on your 2 weeks of research and your final opinion/thoughts

Love and Light (and Lenny),
Beltran

11 comments:

  1. I couldn't contain my laughter when I imagined Obama slowly leaning in close to me and asking what I think about pennies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the lesson today and it made me want to go to a coffee shop and get a coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure to warn whoever asks for Tolkien about how slow the beginning of Fellowship of the Ring is, they have to know that it's worth pushing through that exposition

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Lenny!! I love the book idea..so amazing to spread the gift of knowledge. I hope there's more books left for tomorrow...thanks Beltran :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much gratitude & an endless supply of thank you's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.globalissues.org
    For anyone who is having difficulty thinking of ideas on issues of social importance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually am very excited for this project, I live for these kinds of debates and analysis. Also, I am very pleased that you've blended it with direct preparation for the AP exam.

    ReplyDelete