Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Synthesis and Saving the World

Thank you for your presence in class today.  I firmly believe in each of you as the hope and promise of tomorrow.  You are each capable, intelligent, thoughtful young people who will grow and become.  My hope is that you become more compassionate and aware and awake.  After all, kindness is so gangster.

If you are interested in watching the entirety of President Obama's Farewell Address, you can access it HERE

I also encourage you to read To Kill a Mockingbird if you haven't already.  I will have some copies for the taking tomorrow at lunch so stop by - first come, first serve.  Though I will be putting the box out at 11:30 to be fair.

For class tomorrow, have the 2014 AP Language Free Response questions (all 3) printed out.  In addition, you need the following 2 things:

1.  Copy the prompt and include your issue..."Carefully read the following six sources, including the introductory information for each source.  Then synthesize information from at least three of the sources and incorporate it into a coherent, well-developed essay that ..."

2.  Turn the prompt into a question.  For example, on the 2014 Q1, the question would be, "Is college worth the cost?"

Enjoy the rainy weather and go re-listen to Thomas Rhett's song "Die a Happy Man" if you want something sweet for your ears.

Wishing you the kind of love that cracks you wide open,
Beltran

18 comments:

  1. I love To Kill a Mockingbird. One of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the dancing today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning that kindness is gangster really helps me sell the fake rapper persona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there was a "like" option on comments this would definitely earn one from me

      Delete
  4. May Michelle Obama's arms safely carry us through this inauguration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had two plates of home-made spaghetti and I could definitely "die a happy man"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I read this.
    Also, my mom was overjoyed when I brought home "House Rules".

    ReplyDelete
  7. "And I know that I can't ever tell you enough that all I need in this life is your crazy love."

    ReplyDelete
  8. "we danced in the dark under September stars in the pourin' rain"

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Hope is a thing with feathers."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness. His farewell address is so emotional when he thanks his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved everything about today's class !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe, just maybe if the root of everything wasn't fear the world would be a much happier, better place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We won't let down Obama, I promise.

    ReplyDelete