Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Malcolm Gladwell TED Talk

Welcome back, Lovelies.

I hope you had a wonderful day back at school.  I for one was happy to see you all although admittedly, I am a much better Me after I wake up a bit.

Here's the TED Talk for today - number 18 by my tally.  To be clear, it is expected that you rewatch the TED Talk, take quality notes and connect all the dots going all the way back to the first week of school.

Tomorrow we will be reading American Like Me and I AM BEYOND THRILLED.  If you borrowed a book from me, I need them back by Period 1 please.  And per usual, I will allow books to be checked out BUT I am making a change.  If you would like to check out a copy, you may do so during LUNCH on Thursday 2/21.  I want everyone to have an equal chance and the way I was doing it before just wasn't fair.

As for the week ahead: reading tomorrow, in class assessment on your reading Thursday - no need to study and you'll be able to use notes and Friday is SAS.  You need to email me or share your SAS before class on Friday.  If you have questions about that, email me or talk to me. 

I'll see you tomorrow for some reading time.  And how I wish I was loaded with cash so I could serve up some warm croissants and muffins paired with your choice of oj, hot tea, cocoa or coffee.  Someday, y'all.  Someday. 

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor as featured in Rocky III 

3 comments:

  1. Excited to have some more reading time! -Bryce Alvar

    ReplyDelete
  2. i grew up watching the rocky/creed series with my dad! i remember my first time hearing 'eye of the tiger' was while watching a boxing match in a garage, surprise surprise, with my dad. it's really nice to hear such nostalgic songs to dance to sometimes. i'm looking forward to reading some more essays tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your class woke me up after a very sleepy first period today. much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete