Monday, September 10, 2018

Thus It Begins: Multiple Choice Monday

There isn't any way to sell the fun of a multiple choice test - they can be pretty awful, but it is my hope and intention that MC Mondays become a sort of ritual to embrace.  Thank you for your effort today and your willingness to at least try.

We will be using the piece again on Thursday and next Monday so it will become a touchstone text of sorts.  And I hope you realize why I selected it...Reading a diverse and inclusive array of authors isn't just something I'm all about.  Seems College Board is as well.

For tomorrow, be prepared to step into our first TED Talk Tuesday.  I can't wait.

In the meantime, are you reading??  How's Long Way Down?

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "Take It Easy" Travis Tritt version of the Eagles classic

21 comments:

  1. I’m still not sure what to do for my SAS but I have one or two ideas. I can’t wait for class tomorrow.- Bryce Alvar

    ReplyDelete
  2. first TED talk... centers around the entirety of this class, watch it over and over after class and you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m excited for Tommrow’s first ted talk. I'm curious to see what I got on he multiple choice questions

    ReplyDelete
  4. I FINISHED THE BOOK!!! That story will stay with me for a while. Please tell me we’re gonna discuss the ending on October 4th :o

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished Long Way Down and it was so good. However I'm not so happy with the ending, it messed with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Long Way Down yesterday and I loved it, but I hated it. So now I'm making my mom read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first TED Talk Tuesday! Wishing I could experience it all for the first time again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was sad to not be in class today. Weirdly enough I missed not dancing at the beginning of my 4th period. -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started the book today audit is really good! Wherever they live though seems a lot different than the way we live.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The passage was super cool today. Actually enjoyed reading it unlike most standardized test passages.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can’t wait for TED TALK TUESDAY! Btw I totally bombed the multiple choice test.. :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Long way down just arrived can’t wait to read it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you haven't ordered it yet. Must be mistaken!

      Delete
  13. "Long Way Down" definitely messed with my head a little - hopefully that wears off overnight. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven’t gotten a chance to find the book but I’m going to the library tomorrow. I can’t wait to start reading it. The passage today actually interested me unlike a lot of reading tests like that. Thank you for today’s class.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Long Way Down arrived today. Actually kinda excited to read a book I'm interested in again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You told me you haven’t even ordered it yet

    ReplyDelete
  17. The multiple choice today wasn’t too bad!! Felt like I did okay but we’ll see what the scores look like on Thursday. Hope you had an awesome Monday, can’t wait to watch our first TED Talk tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. it was fun getting to lead the dance yesterday!

    ReplyDelete