Thursday, September 6, 2018

HUGE HEADS UP

Dear Lovelies,

Thanks for your open hands in class.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts about the books and answering any questions you might have.  Announcement below:

For class next Wednesday 9/12 you will need to have read and taken notes on
THIS DOCUMENT.  

If you don't have a printer, hear me when I say that all you need to do is READ the document and TAKE NOTES on it.  If you do want to print it out, feel free.  But in this case, please do not ask me to print it for you.  Ask a friend.

What I would do - seeing as how when I was a student - I never had a working printer, I would open the doc on my computer or phone (either here at school or at home or at the library...you get my drift).  I would have out my notebook.  I would READ the piece first and DRAW a rhetorical triangle.  THEN I WOULD READ IT AGAIN and take some quality notes on each paragraph/section.

Love and Light (and see you soon),
Beltran

Today's Song: "Can't Stop the Feeling" Justin Timberlake

17 comments:

  1. Hi, Mrs. Beltran
    I have started to look forward to your classroom, mostly because of the music you play in the mornings is a nice way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at the library right now checking out "Long Way Down" and "The Color Purple". I'm super excited about reading tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i’m really looking forward to reading a lot of the books from the list, they seem super interested and i’m so excited. see you tomorrow! - maddie weisenberg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoutout to the book The Fountain Book by Ayn Rand my sister read it and gave a good opinion so I’m going to read it now and anyone else should too. (It’s about old architects and a witty main character). ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for class today, it defiantly got me excited to read again !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never read Fitzgerald? You Gatsby kidding me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can’t wait to start reading the books!! I haven’t been excited about reading something for a while now, but all of the books seem so interesting and I think I’ll really enjoy them.
    Also, have you made your music playlist yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a good day Ms. Beltran. I'm super stoked to start reading. Some of the books I picked out seemed great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great of a coincidence is it that the book I find interesting is required to read!!! Love the idea of the book list, can’t wait to discover new go to genres and authors. Awesome song choice today by the way, JT is an icon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every single day I look forward to coming into class. This is the best English/class I’ve ever taken. I can’t wait to start reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kind of scared to go to the public library and check out books, I think I owe a lot of money...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just ordered Small Great Things off amazon and I’m so excited to start reading!! See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for giving us such a diverse, inclusive, and real (books with significant standing) book list. I'm excited to read a lot of them. I've been looking for a new one so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m looking forward to reading all the interesting books we talked about today. Thank you for another fun class day. See you tomorrow!

    -Gabbi Grady

    ReplyDelete
  15. This year has barely begun and I already look forward to this class every morning. My other classes feel very dull now ever since I stepped foot into room 853.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't Stop the Feeling is an amazing song. Great choice. I'm really starting to like this dancing thing. See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who knew I can hit the $homoney in class! Too bad I left early. Here's to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete