Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Brene Brown

I hope you opened your hands and listened to Dr. Brown’s message in her amazingly popular TED Talk “The Power of Vulnerability”. Your job between now and next Tuesday is as follows:

1.  Add Brene Brown to your TED Talk chart.
2.  Rewatch Brene Brown and take QUALITY notes (include strategies you hear her using like anecdotes, appealing to ethos, etc.) If you want to print out the transcript and annotate it, that’s ideal but for now QUALITY notes will do.
3.  Know what you think of her y’all - not your feelings, mind you, but your thoughts. Be able to cite specific evidence that supports your thinking.

You are entitled to your opinions but not your facts.

Have all of this work/thinking done by next Tuesday.

And tomorrow, make sure you’ve read and annotated the Adler piece. It was posted last week under “Heads Up”.

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today’s Song: “You Can’t Hurry Love” The Supremes

11 comments:

  1. Ted talks are definitely going to be something I will get used to overtime. I love the messages but the note taking is hard. Have a good rest of your day- Bryce Alvar

    ReplyDelete
  2. A life long journey starts with a single step, my personal favorite of the whole year. Something that I still must practice each and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treven! Hi there. How are you?? I miss seeing you. You know my email!

      Delete
  3. I enjoy watching ted talks and taking in everything the speakers present to us

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m going to get use to the Ted talks I absolutely love them. I’m also very excited to read Long Way Down:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The TED Talk today was very interesting to me and offered a different perspective towards vulnerability. I also just read "Long Way Down" while in the car to and from practice. One of the best books I've ever read...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "researcher-story teller" was awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciated the TED talk today and admire the speaker due to the fact that she was persistent and motivated to research on the topic "the power of vulnerability". Many of her points stuck out to me and I will try to implement them into my daily life. Even after just two weeks in your class, I can see everyone opening to the dancing and having fun rather than seeing it as the most embarrassing or stressful part of their day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TED Talks are incredible, watching today’s was the highlight of my school day for sure! Can’t wait for next Tuesday to watch the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn’t hear anything which I felt bad :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I very much enjoyed watching the ted talk today ,and think Ted talk Tuesday will be one of my highlights of every week .

    ReplyDelete