Monday, January 29, 2018

Rise Up

Happy First Day of Second Semester!

It was a pleasure seeing you all today in class.  Thank you for the discussion centered around bias and how we each see through a lens shaped by our DNA, upbringing, environment and experiences. 

You, my lovelies, are the promise.

I, my lovelies, am the alarm.

Let's wake up.

To be clear:  My agenda is as such...to teach you how to think WIDELY, CURIOUSLY, RIGOROUSLY.

And that begins with the 100 Strong Book List you were given today.  Please come to class on Thursday with titles researched and authors examined.  Also come with any titles you'd like to add or even authors you have enjoyed reading.

Tomorrow we will enjoy a TED Talk, Wednesday we are meeting in the back of the library for Articulation, and on Thursday we will decide on a mandatory text and get introduced to one of my "Power to the Packet" packets.

Also, sorry to Period 1.  I said I wanted TED Talk notes and such tomorrow.  I changed my mind.  NO NEED.  I will be asking for them in the next couple of weeks though...

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "Rise Up" Andra Day




16 comments:

  1. I just realized that comment sounded way more unenthusiastic than I intended it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so excited about this book list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited for the TED Talk tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m excited for this semester and ready to be open to what you are going to introduce to us. Let’s see how many bubbles are opened and expose to the word around us in the next 18 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many options to choose from on the book list... I don't even know where to dive in first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really excited for this book list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a while since the last TED Talk Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bias is so prevalent in our society, especially our country. It isn't talked about much which makes it even more exciting to discuss in class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am the alarm clock kookookachoo #staywoke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excited to dive into the variety of the new reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There’s too many books. Which one to start with

    ReplyDelete
  12. First day of the second semester is in the books!

    ReplyDelete