Monday, January 8, 2018

An Inspiring Speech

First off, Happy Monday and thank you for your work with the Multiple Choice today.  If you have any questions about the passage or why an answer is what it is, please let me know.  I'm in my room at lunch always so...

On to the better stuff...Oprah's Golden Globes acceptance speech.  Well worth your time.  Make sure you watch it and listen to what she is saying and what she is calling out.  As Yara Shahidi wrote, "Tell my peers that I'm waiting for them so our generation can do big things together."  You are the hope and the promise.

Come to class tomorrow having watched and thought about Ms. Winfrey's speech.  We will pair it with our TED Talk.

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "Catch My Breath" Kelly Clarkson

P.S. - If you are planning on taking any of the AP tests, registration opens January 31st - March 20th.  And if you qualify for a fee waiver, make sure you see the Counseling Secretary for a code.  You will need your school id. 

13 comments:

  1. Ted Talk Tuesday!!! It's been a while, excited to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “A new day on the horizon...”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just finished watching Oprah’s speech and I literally have chills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ted Talk is the best and love Oprah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oprah’s speech was beyond inspirational I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited for the much needed TED talk tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow just watched Oprah’s speech very inspiring giving a shoutout to women who have shared their stories and pointing out how we all live in a “culture broken by powerful men” which is very much true. As she said not anymore so it’s time for us women and men to fight to be a time where women no longer need to say “Me Too”

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who the heck doesn’t love Oprah?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can not wait for TED talk Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rest of the speech got me very emotional. Boy, do I love Oprah.

    ReplyDelete