Monday, April 15, 2019

All Over the Place

Honestly I am conflicted as a teacher when it comes to the system I am a part of and the core values and beliefs I hold dear.  Education is beautiful.  Schooling is not.  Agree or disagree as you wish but know that the basic skills you need cannot be found just in a textbook. 

Be good at all you do - not because you are perfect - but because you give it your whole heart.

These are my thoughts after reading some EYCs and watching y'all take MC today.

Tomorrow be ready for a fun TED Talk to help you with yours and Wednesday we will be attacking Rhetorical Analysis essays.  These are generally the most challenging but as usual, your success on them centers around whether or not you can actively read with a mind at work.

See y'all tomorrow.

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "Have it All" by Jason Mraz

2 comments:

  1. I’m intrigued by the fun TED talk! See you tomorrow! -Bryce Alvar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you for what you do to counteract 'schooling' in your classroom. I benefit from it everyday <3

    xoxox,
    a former student

    ReplyDelete