Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Norton Reader

Honestly it is a trip to see y'all with the textbook for this class.  I haven't used it in years but the Anne Fadiman essay is too good.  Besides, "The His'er Problem"  was originally published in Fadiman's book Ex Libris which I read after it being mentioned in Anne Bogel's I'd Rather Be Reading.  Follow the Instagram if you want to read along and get some new ideas for reads - most of which aren't on the school book list. (@beltranbooks)

Have the Fadiman essay read and annotated (including a completed Rhetorical Triangle) by class NEXT WEDNESDAY 10/24.  We will be having small group discussions and then a large group chat as well.  Be ready.

I would also expect you to look up unfamiliar vocabulary too.

Thanks in advance for that effort and for wholehearted everything when it comes to Room 853.

SAS tomorrow!

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: ASAP Rocky's cover of Otis Redding's "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay"

2 comments:

  1. Today was a fun day, but come on Period 5, we gotta work at it more, we're just as smart as everyone else!!!- V. Camacho

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of fun today when we were able to dance with someone and just do our own dorky thing! I’m excited to see what I’ll learn from tomorrow’s SASs- Bryce Alvar

    ReplyDelete