Thursday, April 26, 2018

Whole Heart

Whole heart?  Do you have one?  Do you approach every task - be it washing dishes, doing homework, talking with friends - with your whole heart?  I know I try to and I fail repeatedly.  But I am stubborn and I don't like being lazy or losing to people who aren't smarter or better but just work harder.  That bugs. I especially don't enjoy paying money to not do well - be it on an AP test or a cooking class.

With that said, whole heart?  Do you have one?

If you are serious about passing the AP Language exam, here's what you do:
1.  Go through your practice MC tests.  Ask me if you can take your folder home.
2.  Reread your passages (starting with "I am a writer.." and annotate for devices and strategies.
3.  Review the terms/devices/strategies and HOW they create the rhetor's intended purpose.
4.  Stalk the College Board site and find released Q2 prompts.  Write them.  Compare your work to the released model essays.
5.  Rinse and Repeat.

SAS tomorrow so be ready.  And TONIGHT starting at 5pm, Poetry Symposium in the PAC.  Free!!!

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.  That might be my new mantra.  Love and Light.  Kick ass.

Beltran

Today's Song: "Can't Help Myself" Four Tops

4 comments: