Thursday, February 9, 2017

Some Prep for Next Week



Thank you for writing today.  I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on the JFK speech.  Tomorrow we have SAS Round #1 so please be ready.  I'll have SAS checklists on my end. 

As for some prep for next week, you all will need to print the text by Judith Ortiz Cofer by Monday.  I hope posting today gives you enough time to access a printer.  (Note:  There is a weird typo on the first page..."coveted..." should read "I coveted..." and "las" which is supposed to be "as" but you can still read and understand.) Please do a little background research on the author but refrain from reading the text as we will be doing that together in class. 

Have a great rest of the day and I will see y'all tomorrow.

:)

P.S. - shout out to period 3 and the fact that they made Mr. Chavez's day!

35 comments:

  1. Don't do us like that Beltrannn 😩

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Chavez is amazing just the way he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to get me to cause a scene *smh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels like we haven't done a SAS in months

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's an SAS? It's been so long that I forgot /s

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Chavez wasn't done dancing after that first move, he is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr Chavez and his dance moves slay the game

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr.Chavez came into the Avid room during 5th period for college info and saw me and some other friends from period 3 and re-thanked us for singing to him :') He's a m a z i n g.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very approachable and an amazing human being.

      Delete
  9. I saw Mr.Chavez walking outside of our class 5th period. I think he was having dancing withdrawals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr. Chavez proved that his dance moves are as beautiful as his smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite the lollipop moment for Mr. Chavez :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sad I missed out on Mr. Chavez's fiery dance moves :( we'll have to invite him to period 6

    ReplyDelete
  13. Him and Ms. Uribe made me feel like I wasn't just another face back in August. Incredibly sweet human beings they are:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We need to work on that piece for Mrs. Brandl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HIS EYES HIS EYES MAKE THE STARS LOOK LIKE THEY'RE NOT SHINING

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could strive to be a little more like Mr. Chavez...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mr. Chavez had some epic dance moves, we have to have him in again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to singing to Mrs. Brandl... hopefully we can wow her even more than period 3 was with Mr. Chavez's dance moves!
    Bruno Mars here we come :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Period 2 is gonna kill it with our song for Mrs. Brandl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The first graded SAS? It's gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. More Bruno Mars songs please!! He's the loveeee of my lifeeeeee (:

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry I was absent yesterday day

    ReplyDelete