Friday, October 7, 2016

Top Ten Things (I Think) A Teenager Should Know

Someone requested this list so I thought I would oblige.

Here goes...

1.  How to change a flat tire.
2.  How to balance a checkbook.
3.  How to make a decent, well rounded, nutritious meal with a $20 budget.
4.  How to do laundry.
5.  How to have a face-to-face conversation with an adult.
6.  How to ask someone you like out on a date.
7.  How to read and navigate around an unfamiliar city/town.
8.  How to ride public transportation.
9.  How to write a "thank you" note.
10.  How to sew a button, mend a rip, etc.

These are my thoughts as a 40 year old woman who was once a teenager who knew how to do all of the above.

Love and Light.
Go Cubs!

2 comments:

  1. Funny that today is the day I choose to stumble back onto this blog... Just blew about 100$ on groceries, and not 3 days ago had to assist a friend with a tire blowout...
    I also couldn't agree more. There are 100 more "how to's" that could be added to this list that some people never care to learn and that most institutions never teach. I just turned 19, and feel somewhat useless knowing that I can only do 6 of these-although, I feel no shame in googling "how to get a date".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't stress these (#4 and 7 especially) enough!!! I may have had a meltdown today in the laundry room when the washing machine wouldn't work...

    ReplyDelete