Tuesday, January 29, 2019

TED Talk Tuesday

Lovelies,

I hope you got something valuable out of today's talk.  I expect you to rewatch the TED Talk.  Also, read the transcript and/or print it out and annotate it.  It's such a good one.

Also, I explained (except to Period 4 - we ran out of time) that you have 2019 Holiday Letters due on Friday for presentation.  You should post date the letter to December 2019, address it to me ("Dear Beltran") and write about all the amazing things you manifested in the categories of School, Relationships and Self.  Have fun and include photos if you'd like.  Ideally, the letter would be printed but you don't have to print it.  You can handwrite it but make sure it's blue or black ink.

If you're interested in going down the rabbit hole of knowledge, I used an Annie Dillard quote today and the inspiration came from this glorious site.  At the very least, read the article.  Feed your brain.

Tomorrow the BOOK LIST GOES LIVE.  Thursday we are Marie Kondo-ing your first semester work and Friday your letters are due.

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song" If I Could Turn Back Time" by Cher


2 comments:

  1. Justin V: Ok I had to check what you meant by "Marie Kondo-ing" something. Looked it up, Marie Kondo is a Japanese organizing consultant and author. Now I see what you mean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a lot to do! Not sure how I’m going to do the letter but we will see. - Bryce Alvar

    ReplyDelete