Tuesday, November 27, 2018

We Need To Talk About An Injustice

Hiya, Lovelies -

I love Bryan Stevenson's TED Talk mainly because it makes me think.  I hope it prompted some thought in your brain, too. Here's a little NPR piece on Mr. Stevenson.  Feed your brain if you dare...

If you're interested, a gentle reminder that Just Mercy and The Sun Does Shine are both on our First Semester Book List and available for check out.  Anthony Ray Hinton's story sounds fictional but is sadly very, very true.  But be forewarned...once you read the books, you will see the world differently.

Tomorrow your letters are due for presentation so be ready.  If you'd like to volunteer, just let me know when you get to class.  Also, don't forget to email me your 2nd Six Weeks grade request. 

Go be kind.

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "Don't You Want Me" The Human League


3 comments:

  1. I’m excited to hear all of the letters tomorrow. As always the song choice is exceptional! -Bryce Alvar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's TED talk was eye opening! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete