Thursday, November 16, 2017

My Favorite Day of The Year

I think it is crucial to our happiness and our humanity to be the light and not the darkness in this divided, hot mess of a world.  I think most people are good and when we "err in the direction of kindness", we open our hands to "think[ing] higher" and "feel[ing] deeper" as Elie Wiesel would say. 

My life has been full of what people would call obstacles.  I should not be where I am today considering the odds stacked against a little brown girl from a small town in Texas.  But all the experiences have led me here to this school, on this day, and I am so grateful that I get to see you all write notes to one another. 

Watching you read them brought a lot of joy to this old heart of mine.

Thank you for that.

I hope today was a favorite one for you too.

Love and Light (and long live Post-Its),
Beltran

Today's Song: "Luxury" Jon Bellion

P.S. - HUGE SHOUT OUT to Ms. Meier for stopping by!!
P.P.S. - SAS tomorrow

18 comments:

  1. Loved giving compliments today! We should all do it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best school days ever. Definately should do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved today! Reading those post-it’s were super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, saying nice things to people is really fun. It was also super fun to read the post it notes, some were very sweet and some were so funny. Let's do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved today so much, it made me feel so good to give and receive compliments. Definitely one of my favorite days this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved everything about today in class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forever shall the creation of Post-It-Notes last. Today was superb and very touching this young heart of mine. Now, I believe I have adopted a rather childish obsession to this silly ole' color slips of paper. Thank you Beltran, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. reading these post-it notes made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Proud of Period 1...we are getting closer and closer. It's really great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still have mine from last year, it's always nice to spread a little love and appreciation to those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Class today was so special! I loved all the positivity and compliments. Can't wait for SAS tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. reading/making post-its is awesome and I can't wait for SAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Today was such a pure, wonderful collection of moments. Opening our hands has lead us here to this gloriously vulnerable point in the year-and the only place it can go is up :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Could not stop smiling after leaving your room! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete